29/11/2009

Collage


I am wondering where to start...

I guess my inspirations and how they relate to my work?

A combination of media and techniques create my art work, be this photography, collage, digital work, printmaking, textiles or painting. Thus a wide net of ideas inspire my work!

My current printmaking project, lies closely inline with the concept of collage and layers.

Claire Coles is a wallpaper designer who incorporates stitch and collage to recreate new designs from Vintage Wallpapers and found materials.

visit http://www.clairecolesdesign.co.uk/ to see more!

Claire's work has directly influenced some preparatory collages I have created for screenprints and source material for printmaking.
Rather than using vintage wallpaper, I tried to use surfaces and shapes from my daily environment - so I used photography to capture these elements and then used collage and free hand embroidery to build up image rich layers.


GOD IS A MANC' was a flyer I had from a past art exhibition based in... Manchester of all places! Layered on top are then images of interior pieces in my room, and jewellery from my HUGE jewellery tree. This was then stitched together, simultaneously alongside a series of approximately 4 collages.
My logo for this blog initially came from such collages, which I then edited using Adobe PhotoShop. This is the initial collage I used to form the backdrop for my blog title:
Can you see the elements within my logo?

No comments:

Post a Comment